What we do
We provide houses and personnel to assist refugees coming to Palmerston North through the resettlement programme administered by the Red Cross.
1. We use funds loaned or donated to the trust to purchase homes that we refurbish as required, to provide safe, warm, dry accommodation.
2. We manage homes that are privately owned for the same purpose.
3. We partner people who have done the Red Cross Volunteer Training programme to each family in our homes. This is seen as a long-term commitment until the family are well settled and independent. Thereafter, we seek to connect these families with people in our church family.
4. We pray that those we relate to will come to know the fullness of God’s love for them.
How you can help
We welcome people with a wide variety of skills and gifts.
1. Those with time to give to families
2. Those who like ‘DIY’ to help with home refurbishment
3. Those who can contribute financially to assist with the provision and maintenance of these homes
4. Those who can commit to a regular donation towards rates and insurance on the properties
5. Those who own properties who would offer them to the trust to house a family for a given term.
There are many ways to be involved; your contribution and prayers can make a real and lasting difference to refugee families in Palmerston North. Please contact one of our team if you feel called to help in any way. All donations qualify for the charitable donations tax rebate with tax receipts issued after 31st March each year.