How can I decrease my carbon use?
• How do you travel? Can you walk or bike part of the way? What about car pooling or public transport?
• Buy a smaller sized car or better still a hybrid or an electric!
• Where does your food come from? Try thinking local and seasonal; this way you’ll decrease your food miles. Organic food may not necessarily be better for you but decreased use of sprays is good for the earth and for the people having to use them.
• If you have a wood burner, can you attach a wetback to it to heat your water?
• Consider solar panels.
• Use your drier less.
• Offset your carbon. Plant a tree or if you’re flying somewhere, Air New Zealand will give you the opportunity to pay for them to offset it for you.